Views
Helpful
Replies

Options configured when Backing Up Client Applications with VMS

srowles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a question regarding a configurable option when specifying preferences for Client Application backup on VMS.

There is a field where you can "Limit Occurrences" of the backup. I find this a bit strange as I can not understand why you would want to limit the occurences of the backup.

I, for example want to back up the database weekly, every week, for ever so I have set the backup to start on a specific day and then specified that it should repeat every 7 days. I have then set the "Limit Occurrences" option to "2600" which if I understand correctly will allow the backup to take place every week for the next 50 years (2600 / 52). I believe that you can not set this value to 0.

It seems a bit strange that I should need to configure this option in this way so I am wondering if I am misinterpreting the functionality of this option.

Any advice will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Limit Occurrences enables you to limit the number of times a backup operation is repeated. This option can only be used if the Immediate check box is deselected.

Note Entering 1 in both the Repeat After and Frequency fields causes the database backup to occur only once at the scheduled date and time.

This value should be a number from 1 to 999999999, (for example, 15).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: