cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Out Of Bandwidth Managment

ronshuster
Level 1
Level 1

For some strange reason, every once in a while we loose all the "vty line" sessions and require to console to the CAT6500 core switch.

Is there anyway to connect the two CAT6500 via the AUX port and be able to console from one to the other without IP?

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What might make more sense is to configure service tcp-keepalives-in and service tcp-keepalives-out.

You can use the service tcp-keepalives-in and the service tcp-keepalives-out commands to monitor TCP connections to and from the router. They can terminate connections if the router or switch doesn't receive a response from the remote device.

Hope that helps.

HI Colin, I just enabled that on the core switch and will see if that makes a difference... thanks!

However I do remember a co-worker connecting 2 core switches with the AUX port (as far as I remember) and being able to connect to one from the other but not through IP, it was something similar to console using a VTY line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: