Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of range error

smitty6504
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error:

OutOfRange::Component=VOLT-xx.xx.xx.xx/7 [ASIC voltage in mV];ComponentClass=VoltageSensor;ComponentEventCode=1080;ciscoEnvMonVoltageThresholdHigh=1050;Status=OK;RelativeVoltageThreshold=0.0  %;CurrentValue=1.052;ciscoEnvMonVoltageStatusValue=1052;L

VOLT-xx.xx.xx.xx/7 [ASIC voltage in mV]:OutOfRange; IF-xx.xx.xx.xx/9 [Se0/0/1:1] [xx.xx.xx.xx]:MaxUpTime; Management:ManualClear;

I know that is a voltage issue on S0/0/1:1 and that is is out of range. How do you fix the issue?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The voltage problem is not with the interface.  It's with one of the volatage sensors.  The Serial0/0/1:1 issue is that this interface is considered a backup interface, and it exceeded maximum uptime.

The voltage problem could point to bad hardware or bad power.  You will need to investigate the PDU that is providing power to this device and verify the power is clean and in the proper range.

I also have a 2900 series router that I am seeing a similar error. We poll the voltage status via SNMP and have been seeing this OID return a value of 1044 - 1054. The high threshold is set to 1050, but when we are over the threshold and perform a "show environment all" we see the voltage results as 1054 but the state is normal - is this correct? Is there any way to find out if a high threshold of 1050 is accurate as far as the ASIC Voltage on a 2900 router?

neil.woolloff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you get any further with this issue?

I have a cutomer also getting this and we have increased the threshold to no avail.

Rgrds.

The 1050 threshold should be coming from the device itself.  If you perform an SNMP Walk of ciscoEnvMonVoltageThresholdHigh on these devices, you should see that 1050 threshold in the output.  This value represents the highest value the sensor can be before en emergency shutdown is triggered.

Hmmm, I just found CSCtg78981.  This describes this bogus sensor behavior.  The fix is in 15.1(2)T.

Thanks Joseph, raised with cisco tac to have a look and will see what they say and update case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: