Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

packet capture using CiscoWorks tool

Hi CSC!
I want to do a packet capture of one device that was managed and dicovered by loopback interface
When I go to: device diagnostic tools - device center - select a device,  go to packet capture, create and then in Interface only have the bge0, I want to change to view the capture over other interface. Who can I do this?

Thanks very much in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The bge0 is the primary NIC of the Solaris server that your copy of LMS resides on. The Packet Capture utility is meant to sniff traffic between your LMS box and other hosts it talks to, including the devices LMS manages. However, the utility is not a sniffer replacement that can look from the perspective of the device interfaces. So unless that device is talking to your LMS box via the particular "other" interface you mentioned, I don't think the Packet Capture utility would serve your purpose.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The bge0 is the primary NIC of the Solaris server that your copy of LMS resides on. The Packet Capture utility is meant to sniff traffic between your LMS box and other hosts it talks to, including the devices LMS manages. However, the utility is not a sniffer replacement that can look from the perspective of the device interfaces. So unless that device is talking to your LMS box via the particular "other" interface you mentioned, I don't think the Packet Capture utility would serve your purpose.

That a pity. Now I have to do this capture with any sofware. for example: wireshark or packet tracer.

Thanks very much for your answer!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco