Helpful
Replies

Parameterized configuration in RME

roger.malik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am using the paramterized scripting to configure banner motd command in which

name and location of router changes. but when i configure it & login into router it gives all the notice and details in one line while i need attached format. any idea how can i achieve it.

21 Replies 21

attaching the debug file now,kidnly take a look

I checked the code, and it looks like parameterized templates and multiline commands are mutually exclusive. I don't see why this was done, and I can't think of a good reason why these two would be exclusive.

I can provide a patch to fix this, but you will need to contact the TAC to get it. Have your engineer contact me directly, and I will send them the patch.

Actually, I think a workaround would be easier, and quicker. This will involve you putting the bulk of the banner in the parameter "XML" file. Your template will become:

banner motd "$bannertext"

Your "XML" file will become:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: RLG-2811-ANA-1-1 Anaheim,CA

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: This is a private network device. If you are not authorized

to connect or configure this device, disconnect at once! Actual

or attempted use, access, examination, or configuration change by an

unauthorized person will result in criminal and civil

prosecution to the full extent of the law.

workaround is not working. i think it actually dont like the space between and .

after running this, banner its not in exact sequence and appear in one line in router.

i will ask to raise the TAC with cisco and inform them to directly call you so that we can get patch for it.

thanks again clarke for the same. thanks a ton,

Hey Clarke,

i open TAC now. i think they assidged the ticket to you directly.

hey joe,

i have put a voicemail on your phone and also

drop a mail on your ID jclarke@cisco.com

if you can attach the patch and send back to me it would really help me. TAC is 607896975.

roger.malik
Level 1
Level 1

finally this is done. thanks to eguener and joe for awesome effort.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: