cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partially successfull archives

Aaron.Koves
Level 1
Level 1

I've been away for a few months and while on holiday it seems a number of my devices don't backup properly anymore. I'm getting lots of these messages:

Device: LN-BSQ-01-SERG-UAC-1 Status: Partially Successful

*** Device Details for LN-BSQ-01-SERG-UAC-1 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0057 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for LN-BSQ-01-SERG-UAC-1 Cause: CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required. Action: Verify that archive exists for device.CM0057 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for LN-BSQ-01-SERG-UAC-1 Cause: CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions Action: Verify that archive exists for device.

1. Credentials apear to be valid - I can ssh from the management server to the device using the same TACACS+ credentials

2. causer has permissions to the directory (Windows)

3. There is adequate free filesystem space (40Gb)

Am I missing something obvious?

Here is the credential verification report:

Device Name Read Community Read Write Community SNMPv3 Telnet Enable by Telnet SSH Enable by SSH Updated At

1. LN-BSQ-01-SERG-UAC-1 OK OK No Value To Test Protocol not configured. Did Not Try OK OK Jun 6 2007 17:10:49

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CM0012 error is most likely caused by CSCsh39475. A patch is available on Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme .

If, after applying this patch, you are still seeing errors, you should enable ArchiveMgmt debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, reproduce the problem, then look at the dcmaservice.log for errors.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CM0012 error is most likely caused by CSCsh39475. A patch is available on Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme .

If, after applying this patch, you are still seeing errors, you should enable ArchiveMgmt debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, reproduce the problem, then look at the dcmaservice.log for errors.

You, Sir, are my new hero.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: