Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

performance monitor

Can we schedule the Cisco works performance monitor since we don't want to run it all the time to generate the traffic and consume the bandwidth. For exampe, I have one created to messure the jitter, can I run it for one hour a week as scheduled? Thanks

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: performance monitor

Somewhat informed speculation follows...

I don't believe you can configure periodicity such as you describe natively. However, since IPM runs as a process/service (or set of services, technically), one could theoretically configure a cron (Unix) or AT (Windows) job in the CW host OS to wake up the services, let them run according to their CW parameters, and then stop them.

You may need the services to be running though to access the reports.

Alternatively, have you looked into using the Service Assurance Agent (SAA) functionality of your Cisco devices? (now branded as IP SLAs - see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6602/products_white_paper0900aecd801752ec.shtml) It stores performance data locally and uploads it in a batch fashion and is thus less impactful to WAN links than a central interactive polling type of operation such as is used by IPM.

Views
Helpful
Replies