Views
Helpful
Replies

perl script to read 3750 stack

prakadeesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I am aware that much of the discussion is LMS specific here but just wanted to get some inputs with regards to a perl script that i am working with. The basic idea of the script is to get the serial numbers of the individual switches in the stack and report. To just test this I tried it on a single stack switch, i used the oid                          1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.11.X( X for the index)(entPhysicalSerialNum). But its just returning an empty string.  I did try some of the other fields in the same container and some seem to return results like say the description is returning C37XX switch stack. So, I belive that the script is not broken. Please let me know if the oid is correct or  an aliter to the same oid.

thanks,

Prakadeesh

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This OID is correct.  You need to get the value of entPhysicalSerialNum for entities which correspond to chassis elements.  For example, walk the values for entPhysicalClass.  For each entPhysicalIndex which is chassis(3), get the value of entPhysicalSerialNum.  You should have non-empty values.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: