cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.0 - Endpoint-Site Association - missing function?

Dominic Thosold
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am desperately trying to find the function "Design --> Management Tools --> Endpoint-Site Association" in Cisco PI 2.0. It is mentioned in User and Administration Guide but seems the Option Endpoint-Site Association is completely missing in the menu "Design --> Management Tools". (Yes i have choosen "Lifecycle theme")

I tried different browsers (You never know!) and also different users (TACACS+, local) and user groups (Admin, Superuser). Searching the forums unfortunately brought up nothing on this topic.

For reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/user/guide/setup_groups.html#wp1058927

Can anyone help with this issue or confirm my observation?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Tolbert
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening All,

I had this issue as well, however I discovered that this is a feature of the Assurance License; you will not have this option with just Lifecycle. When I installed my Assurance License I was able to associate subnets to devices that I have configured as data sources.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gudvardur
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/user/guide/setup_groups.html#wp1055488

Endpoint-Site Association is missing.....

Associating Endpoints with a Site

Endpoint-Site association rules allow you to associate all of the devices on particular subnet to a site, or location, and (optionally) to specify the VLAN location and monitoring data source for the devices on that subnet. This allows you to associate the logical structure of your network with your organizational sites, enabling troubleshooting using Prime Infrastructure's multi-segment analysis features.

Note You can specify multiple rules for the same subnet, allowing you to (for example) specify multiple monitoring data sources or VLANs.

To associate endpoints with a site:

Step 1 Choose Design > Management Tools > Endpoint-Site Association.

Step 2 Click Add Row to add an Endpoint-Site association rule.

Step 3 Complete the fields as required. See Table 4-2 for field descriptions.

Step 4 Click Save.

markp0000
Level 1
Level 1

Would really like this issue addressed...This makes things bothersome when trying to use the NAM as a data source.

Step 5 Associate your sites with endpoint subnets. To do this:

Configuring Prime Infrastructure to Use NAM Devices as Data Sources

a. Choose Design > Management Tools > Endpoint-Site Association.

b. Associate subnets with your sites. For more information, see Associating Endpoints with a Location in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 User Guide.

*If you fail to do this, by default the data collected by the NAMs for these endpoints will have their sites set to "Unassigned."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/administrator/guide/metrics.html

Joseph Tolbert
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening All,

I had this issue as well, however I discovered that this is a feature of the Assurance License; you will not have this option with just Lifecycle. When I installed my Assurance License I was able to associate subnets to devices that I have configured as data sources.

Many thanks for the clarification!

Anyway this should be really mentioned somewhere in the documentation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: