Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PI 2.0 to 2.1 Upgrade Fail

Upgrade failed. Output states:

ERROR: The last upgrade operation was unsuccessful. See dbadmin_StdOut.log for details. To recover, reinstall the server and restore the saved backup data.
% Pre-install step failed. Please check the logs for more details.

I cannot find this log anywhere. I cannot reinstall as it gives me the same error. No documents reference this file or log directory on the PI VM. Any help? Anyone seen this before?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi ,was HA configured before

Hi ,

was HA configured before on PI 2.0 ?

If yes remove the HA config from Both primary and secondary (ncs ha remove )  then try the upgrade.

----

I also suspect that something wrong can happen  during file transfer from ftp server .
place the upgrade file locally on the NCS server and then try the upgrade .
You can place the file under /localdisk/defaultRepo/ .
You need to login as root first then you will be able place the file into this directory below .

PI20-1/admin#
PI20-1/admin# root
Enter root password :
Starting root bash shell ...
ade #
ade #
ade # cd /
ade # cd /localdisk/defaultRepo/
ade #

After that , you can transfer the file from your ftp server to your NCS server.

Now,  you can perform the upgrade locally using console
:
application upgrade PI-Upgrade-2.x.x.x.x.x.x.gz defaultRepo

and lastly , the file it is pointing to ,it bydeafault location is :/opt/CSCOlumos/logs/

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz - that was

Thanks Afroz - that was actually quite helpful

No HA  - single server setup

Used vi to read through the log (thanks for the path and tip on root mode) and really no clue as to why it is failing.

I used the Quick Start Guide for 2.1 and did the local repo on the server. So, no network transfer of file for upgrade.

Each time I try again to perform the upgrade I get the error above. No sure what else to do except build a new server and hope I can migrate the database. I don't want to do that.

Cisco Employee

share the log file Thanks-

share the log file

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content