Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.0 to 2.1 Upgrade Fail

howlingthunder
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade failed. Output states:

ERROR: The last upgrade operation was unsuccessful. See dbadmin_StdOut.log for details. To recover, reinstall the server and restore the saved backup data.
% Pre-install step failed. Please check the logs for more details.

I cannot find this log anywhere. I cannot reinstall as it gives me the same error. No documents reference this file or log directory on the PI VM. Any help? Anyone seen this before?

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

was HA configured before on PI 2.0 ?

If yes remove the HA config from Both primary and secondary (ncs ha remove )  then try the upgrade.

----

I also suspect that something wrong can happen  during file transfer from ftp server .
place the upgrade file locally on the NCS server and then try the upgrade .
You can place the file under /localdisk/defaultRepo/ .
You need to login as root first then you will be able place the file into this directory below .

PI20-1/admin#
PI20-1/admin# root
Enter root password :
Starting root bash shell ...
ade #
ade #
ade # cd /
ade # cd /localdisk/defaultRepo/
ade #

After that , you can transfer the file from your ftp server to your NCS server.

Now,  you can perform the upgrade locally using console
:
application upgrade PI-Upgrade-2.x.x.x.x.x.x.gz defaultRepo

and lastly , the file it is pointing to ,it bydeafault location is :/opt/CSCOlumos/logs/

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz - that was actually quite helpful

No HA  - single server setup

Used vi to read through the log (thanks for the path and tip on root mode) and really no clue as to why it is failing.

I used the Quick Start Guide for 2.1 and did the local repo on the server. So, no network transfer of file for upgrade.

Each time I try again to perform the upgrade I get the error above. No sure what else to do except build a new server and hope I can migrate the database. I don't want to do that.

share the log file

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: