Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.1 new features?

gzelks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there exists a list of upcoming new features for Prime Infrastructure 2.1?

I'm particularly interested in two aspects:

1) Topology views which have been on the roadmap for a while

2) Whether PI can monitor for up/down reachability by direct icmp only (for non SNMP devices) or is SNMP still a mandatory requirement?

Thanks in advance all!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Topology was demo'd at Cisco Live Milan earlier this year. Whether it makes it onto the shipping 2.1 release (and when that will be) is TBD.

The only published info (unless you count the Cisco Live presentation) I'm aware of is this page which just lists a lot of features as future release.

You might get a better answer from the product marketing team at one of the weekly demos.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Topology was demo'd at Cisco Live Milan earlier this year. Whether it makes it onto the shipping 2.1 release (and when that will be) is TBD.

The only published info (unless you count the Cisco Live presentation) I'm aware of is this page which just lists a lot of features as future release.

You might get a better answer from the product marketing team at one of the weekly demos.

Hi Marvin, thanks for the response.

Looks like we are all waiting on an official release to see what goodies PI 2.1 will have included.

I might have to hassle the dev team in the demo series, but typically the responses are non-commital (and fair enough).

Regards,

Greg.

Hi Marvin,

Do you have some news on Topology Services support in PI 2.1 or do we need still to keep LMS 4.2 for that functionality ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Patrice

Unfortunately it looks like it's still not there in PI 2.1.

I'm not able to make it to Cisco Live this week but hopefully one of our contributors can report back on what the business unit is saying about this much-requested feature.

UPDATE - the slides for BRKNMS-3102 indicate that topology will be in PI 2.2. The release date is not yet set. based on the typical minor release cycle, I'd expect it within the next 6 months.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: