Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI3 Access points not pulled from wlc

Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating Cisco Prime Infrastructure and I ran in some strange issue.
When I add one of our wlc's I do see wireless clients and all kinds of info from the wlc but it can't see the actual access points.
(See the attached screendump)

I see the same problem with different version of the wlc (tested with 8.3.102 and 8.2.100), so that should not be an explanation.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Kind regars,

Niels

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is there any info about access point in the Network Device Summary dashlet ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

>No, somehow PI doesn't recognise any access point from any controller.
On a previous instance of PI I did not have this problem, so I'm beginning to think there has            gone something wrong with the installation.

Possibly  a few items to verify

1) ncs status    (from an admin ssh logon)

2) remove and re-add  the controller; make sure that all entered credentials are correct by pressing verify credentials before the final add

3) check prime version and wether it is compatible with the controller version

4) What platform are you using Prime on,  if VMWARE , check you a are using a compatible vmware version.

For items 3) and 4) googling will guide you to the correct information

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is there any info about access point in the Network Device Summary dashlet ?

M.

No, somehow PI doesn't recognise any access point from any controller.
On a previous instance of PI I did not have this problem, so I'm beginning to think there has gone something wrong with the installation.

>No, somehow PI doesn't recognise any access point from any controller.
On a previous instance of PI I did not have this problem, so I'm beginning to think there has            gone something wrong with the installation.

Possibly  a few items to verify

2) remove and re-add  the controller; make sure that all entered credentials are correct by pressing verify credentials before the final add

4) What platform are you using Prime on,  if VMWARE , check you a are using a compatible vmware version.

For items 3) and 4) googling will guide you to the correct information

M.

Sorry pushed the answer button unintended...

Warning : Unknown hardware type : KVM
Health Monitor Server is running. ( [Role] Primary [State] HA not Configured )
Database server is running
Ftp Server is running
Tftp Server is running
Matlab Server is running
Matlab Server Instance 1 is running
NMS Server is running.
Plug and Play Gateway is running.
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...

Tried that earlier, no luck.

Prime version 3.0.0 and WLC 8.3.102 and 8.2.100, which are both compatible.

We are using KVM.