Views
Helpful
Replies

pimRPState OIDs disappear

jfeild2048
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm seeing some strange behavior from some Catalyst 3560-E switches. I have a diagnostics tool that monitors SNMP OIDs for the switches, and it works by querying the switch for available OIDs under a given category, then stores the OIDs and periodically runs an SNMP get() on each OID to check its value. However, for some of the pimRPState OIDs, after some time the SNMP get() will return "no such instance" (both in the application and when querying the OIDs directly using net-snmp from a console). It seems that those rows are simply disappearing from the table.

My question is: is this expected behavior? Are entire rows in the pimRPState table supposed to disappear?

Thanks!

-Julian

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This object seems to be from PIM-MIB which is deprecated and so is the objects. You can try to use CISCO-PIM-MIB now. This MIB module defines the cisco specific variables for Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) management. These definitions are an extension of those defined in the IETF PIM MIB (RFC 2934)

For more details check following document :

PIM MIB Extension for IP Multicast

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: