Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501

powderskiing
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have some problem to configure my PIX 501 (firewall & VPN).

my problem is on the outside interface. the link is down and the interface is shutdown.

i think that this both thing are link but i don't fine a way to put at up the link.

more over there is no help on the web and on the cisco's help...

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can try configuring "interface hardware_id hardware_speed". The interface command identifies the interface hardware card, sets the speed of the interface, and enables the interface all in one command. All interfaces on a Cisco PIX Firewall are shut down by default and are explicitly enabled by the interface command.

after writing that " interface ethernet0 100full" on a telnet session and after a "reboot" there is no change on my PIX!!!

i show with the PDM that my outside interface is always down, the line protocol for ethernet0 (outside interface) is down too. More over there is a red cross on the interface...

i dont know what i have to do for this device

On the PDM/Configuration/System Properties/Interface

when i edit the outside interface properties i saw that everything is enable (the interface and the properties of hardware port).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco