Views
Helpful
Replies

Please wait.. ANIServer is still initializing & JRM is down.. LMS 3.1

max_gbp777
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The Campus Manager Home screen displays the following message for 'System Status' and 'Discrepancies':

Please wait.. ANIServer is still initializing

& the 'Recently Completed Jobs'

I have restarted the CiscoWorks Daemon via 'net stop/ net start' without success.

Also rebooted server which initially brought the 'System Status' and 'Discrepancies' to a working state but after the weekend they reverted to 'Please wait.. ANIServer is still initializing'...?

I have attached the PDshow, screenshots of the services and status screen.

Server Spec:

LMS 3.1

(Campus Manager Home Version : 4.0.10)

Windows 2K3 standard

4 x Intel Xeon 2.8GHz Proc.

4GB RAM

Please advise how to troubleshoot.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IPM was choosing a random TCP port in the range required by the RmeGatekeeper. I haven't seen this before, but one way to avoid it is to set the IPM services to Manual start, then start up the IPM daemons after Daemon Manager when the box reboots.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of netstat -a -n -o -b, ipconfig, and the NMSROOT/lib/vbroker/gatekeeper.cfg file from this server.

Hi jclarke,

Attached as requested.

Kind Regards

Max

Shutdown the IPM daemons with the command:

ipm stop

Executed from the IPM DOS prompt. Then, restart Daemon Manager. Wait 30 minutes, and jrm and ANIServer should be healthy. Once you've confirmed the error is gone, restart IPM:

ipm start

Hi Jclarke,

Where do i find the IPM DOS prompt?

Under Start > Programs > Internetwork Performance Monitor.

Hi Jclarke,

This worked a treat! Thank you ;-)

Any idea why this occured as even after I rebooted the server several times it did not come up properly?

Please advise.

IPM was choosing a random TCP port in the range required by the RmeGatekeeper. I haven't seen this before, but one way to avoid it is to set the IPM services to Manual start, then start up the IPM daemons after Daemon Manager when the box reboots.

Hi Jclarke,

Thank you for your help and advice.

Kind Regards

Max

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: