Views
Helpful
Replies

Pls help configure ISC VPN layer 2 in MAN

nhubinh
Level 1
Level 1

Pls help configure ISC VPN layer 2 in MAN

I can configure VPN layer 3 between 2 customer sites by using ISC, but when configuring VPN layer 2 between 2 customer sites, the error appears:

"Service Request Details for Job ID 67

Attribute Value

Type L2VPN

State INVALID

Operation Type MODIFY

Service Request ID 70

Last Modification Time Thu Jan 12 12:20:25 CST 2006

Customer Pepsi

VPN ERS_VPN_PEPSI

L2Vpn Policy PEPSI_ERS

L2Vpn ServiceType EthernetEVCS

L2Vpn Core Type MPLS

EndToEndWire ID 25

Status Message [ R7609-BTQ-NPE-01 ] Provisioning Failures,[layer 3 sub interface exists for this port. To proceed, delete the sub interface first.] }

[ CISCO_COKE ] Successful Deployment

[ C3750-TXU-UPE-01 ] Successful Deployment

[ C3750-HBT-UPE-01 ] Successful Deployment

[ R7609-HBT-NPE-01 ] Provisioning Failures,[layer 3 sub interface exists for this port. To proceed, delete the sub interface first.] }

[ SPARE ] Successful Deployment

State INVALID

VC ID 800

Attachment Circuit ID 101

PE Name R7609-HBT-NPE-01

PE Interface GigabitEthernet2/2.950

CE Name CISCO_COKE

CE Interface GigabitEthernet0/1.950

VLAN ID 950

Attachment Circuit ID 100

PE Name R7609-BTQ-NPE-01

PE Interface GigabitEthernet2/2.950

CE Name SPARE

CE Interface FastEthernet1/0/1.950

VLAN ID 950 "

Pls help me to figure out the problem.

Thanks,

Brian

4 Replies 4

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

The message:

"[ R7609-HBT-NPE-01 ] Provisioning Failures,[layer 3 sub interface exists for this port. To proceed, delete the sub interface first.]"

gives a hint on what could cause this.

The error mentioned refers to a setup failure, which occurs, when you have an IP address configured on the interface to be used for L2VPN/EoMPLS. In a sense it is a security measure not to kill an IP service in place somewhere by setting up L2transport.

Can you check the config of interface GigabitEthernet2/2.950 in your 7609? One prerequisite of EoMPLS is to remove all IP addresses.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hello,

I am work togetther with Brain, I done following your instruction but error is the same.

File enclose is command is genarated by the ISC when resquest sevices L2vpn.

Flaform: ROUTER 7609, IOS Ver 122.2(18) SXD3

ISC 4.0

please help to resquest l2vpn for MAN netwoek?

Thanks

Hello,

can you telnet to the router and perform a "show run Interface GigabitEthernet2/2.950" and let me see the output? The configuration created looks fine. Are there IP addresses found on the Interface GigabitEthernet2/2?

I still assume there is already some configuration in place preventing the application of the additional EoMPLS config.

What you also can do is to apply the configlet manually line by line to see, when the error occurs.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Helo Martin,

The subInterface GigabitEthernet2/2.950 is not exits in router. I don't known why.

I send your configration file of Router 7609, please have look it and help me find out problem

Thank you,

Thuong