Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Polling interval for Topology Services in Cisco Prime 4.2

Hi,

Where can I find the polling interval for Topology Services? I noticed that the devices' status is not updated on the map.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

If there are few devices which you are more concerned of then you can add them under CRITICAL poller list.

Check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/datacollection.html#wp1053692

NOTE:

If the critical set of devices is more than 30,  the amount of traffic generated as part of the polling cycle will use a  large amount of bandwidth.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

Topology services is depended on the DATA COllection , so what you see in the maps is the outcome of the LAST data collection ran.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

Your Query:

Hi Afroj,

I  just want to keep the Topology Services map updated in as realtime as  possible. The problem that I encountered before was one of the devices  is already down but on the Topology Services Map, it is still Green.

====

Ans:

Topology services are not real time ,it depends on the DATA collected by the LAST DATA Collection ran , if there is an device went down ,it may show up as Green in the MAP ,however as soon as the sechduled\ Manual  data collection will run , MAPS will be updated.

Thanks-

Afroz

Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

If there are few devices which you are more concerned of then you can add them under CRITICAL poller list.

Check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/datacollection.html#wp1053692

NOTE:

If the critical set of devices is more than 30,  the amount of traffic generated as part of the polling cycle will use a  large amount of bandwidth.

Thanks-

Afroz

Views
Helpful
Replies