Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.0 Update SSH Credentials

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Everyone!

I am currently trying to find a way to update all SSH Credentials in Cisco Prime 2.0. 

I can not seem to find it anywhere in prime or any information about it on the web and admin guide. Is this a feature that is missing or am I just missing it?

Thank You!

Cory

8 Replies 8

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cory,

This can be done with the help of TEMPLATES in PI :

CLI Template Creation::
 In the lifecycle view of Prime Infrastructure navigate to Design ->  Configuration Template -> CLI Template -> CLI. 

Name the template something of your choosing.  Select the type of device the template is
 intended for. 

Note that you can select a high level grouping ('Routers' or 'Switches and Hubs') or drill down to a specific model.  The CLI  content section is where you specify the actual commands to be applied
 to the device. 

Note that you should not begin with 'config t', the  first line should be the command as you would issue it from global  configuration mode.  

For example I simply add the line 'ip ssh version 2' and click save.  

Publish your CLI Template ::

After you have saved the template a 'Publish' button appears immediatly  below the CLI content pane.  Click the button to publish your template.  There will be a popup in the lower right hand corner of the screen  notifying you if you have successfully published the template.

Deploy your CLI Template::

Just as a 'Publish' button appeared when you saved your template, so  will a 'Deploy' button.  Click this button and a 'Template Deployment'  popup will appear.  Use the 'Device Selection' area to filter the 'Value  Assignement' pane, which is where you select each device. 

hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Sorry, I was not clear in the first Post. 

The SSH Settings I am refering to, is the credentials that Prime uses to log in to the device? I use an ACS based account for prime to login to the devices. I need to update the password for these credentials that are stored in Prime.

Hi Cory,

use the same procedure , you can use the below template :

Templates > CLI Templates > System Templates - CLI > Enable Password-IOS

--Remove the existing template

--enter the command you want to deploy    for e.g  password  abcd

--click on "Save as new Template"

--this will get saved under "My Template"

--now you can publicsh and depoy it

Thanks-

Afroz

*** Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

You are going too fast!!

He doesn't want to change anything on his devices.

He wants to change the credentials in PI for all devices or a group of devices at once.

I'd like to know this too.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Thank you for pointing this to me.

My bad , I overlooked at the issue.

Unfortunately ,there is no way to bulk update device credential by using a CSV file. It was been put on top feature requested on Prime Infrastructure 2.1 release. However, no release date has been set yet.

few bug have been filed for the same:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuf28383/?reffering_site=dumpcr

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud66309/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks for the straight answer Afroz,

If we promise our customers things we can't deliver the damage is bigger than when we can put expectations right from the begin.

Updating credentials like it is possible in LMS is indeed a very important feature.

Cheers,

Michel

Along with many other missing features I have been finding.

There is a very large lack of support for routers and their modules. May have to jump back to LMS 4.2 just to get the features needed/wanted to support our WAN/LAN.

The lack of Baseline Config checking is not in, or I can't find it. This is very disspointing to pay to Beta Test.... 

Hi Cory,

My bad , I overlooked at the issue.

Unfortunately ,there is no way to bulk update device credential by using a CSV file.  you can update the credentials one by one only .  It was been put on top feature requested on Prime Infrastructure 2.1 release. However, no release date has been set yet.

few bug have been filed for the same:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuf28383/?reffering_site=dumpcr

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud66309/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: