cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.2 - Unable to Delete Variables

Scott Plank
Level 1
Level 1

I was messing around with Prime 2.2 CLI templates - I had created a number of variables that I realized I no longer needed, so went to delete them in the Managed Variables window. Each time I would delete one, Prime would pop up a warning telling me that although I was deleting it from the Managed Variables window, I would still need to delete any references that were present in my CLI code. Well, since I had about 8 or so of these to delete, after the 4th one, I decided to tick the option in the warning box that said "Don't warn me about this again." After that, I am no longer able to delete variables in the Managed Variables window. I select a variable, the Delete button becomes active, I click it ... and nothing happens. It seems dismissing the warning prevents me from deleting variables now. Is there a way to re-enable that warning so I can at least continue to delete variables?

I'm using Prime 2.2.1 (maintenance release 1, device pack 2), running on a VM

1 Reply 1

Scott Plank
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of workarounds so far -

1. Creating a new user, logging in to Prime with that new user, then deleting the variables in the Managed Variables window causes the warning message to pop up, and allows the variables to be deleted. I can find no option in the user preferences to re-enable this warning on my account.

2. Making sure the variables are deleted from the CLI content window, then attempting to save the template will throw up a warning stating that a defined variable is not being used, then ask if you would like to delete all unused variables. Answering yes will successfully delete the unused variables.