Devices:

State:

Enabled

Parameters:

TO=someone@somewhere.org.il, SUB=Config Exit, TEXT=A config exit event

Action Type:

Email

SYS-*-5-CONFIG_I:*

i dont get emails when the event occurs - i connected to one of the switches entered config mode and then exited , term mon showed   SYS-*-5-CONFIG_I ,but no email

email settings are OK (i get other emails from the system)

what am i missing?

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you shar the screen shot of  syslog collector status window

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

OK

i see that  subscription is not setup.

how do i do this ?

thanks

It'll be helpful if you share what you see, based on which we can suggest what may be missing.

For easy reference just check the LMS guide once to see you followed the right steps :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/useNotif.html#wp1074029

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

check the attached screenshot

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

its telling me i need to install certs

i my case i done have an external syslog server , i want LMS to do be the syslog SERVER.

do i need to setup certs for that?

Hi Jacob,

Even local syslog collector to work, Local Certificate should be set up 1.       Go to CS -> Server -> Security -> Certificate Setup 2.       please specify the hostname of the certificate and click APPLY. 3.       please restart the daemons ( this step is also important otherwise certificate changes do not take effect)

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Click on the automated action and share the rules you have configured for email to be sent.

If as per above information your rule has # SYS--5-CONFIG_I and your device shows SYS-*-5-CONFIG_I, it is not matching.

Also, are you able to receive other emails from LMS?

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: