cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Inferastructure 2.1

scott.leonard
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to mass configure your switches using Prime Infrastructure? We need to update the config on all of our switches for a few little things like the syslog server IP address and it would be nice to not have to log into multiple dozens of switches individually and manually run the CLI commands.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely.

For the cli template we first create one – in Lifecycle mode “Design > Feature Design > CLI Templates > CLI". (You can see some of the pre-built ones under the “Systems Template – CLI” section of the tree.) Once you create and save a new one, it shows up under “My Templates”. 

When I build a new one, I like to deploy it in the lab (if one is available) or on one device to start just to validate it works OK.

Then I go back and deploy to all the target devices. We can choose to deploy via any of the PI device grouping categories – ALL, Device Type, Site Group(s), etc. You can also build validation rules into the base template to check the device type (or types) and only deploy if there's a match.

View solution in original post

You're welcome.

I edited my earlier post to add in the one menu pick.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely.

For the cli template we first create one – in Lifecycle mode “Design > Feature Design > CLI Templates > CLI". (You can see some of the pre-built ones under the “Systems Template – CLI” section of the tree.) Once you create and save a new one, it shows up under “My Templates”. 

When I build a new one, I like to deploy it in the lab (if one is available) or on one device to start just to validate it works OK.

Then I go back and deploy to all the target devices. We can choose to deploy via any of the PI device grouping categories – ALL, Device Type, Site Group(s), etc. You can also build validation rules into the base template to check the device type (or types) and only deploy if there's a match.

Thanks, I found it under "Design > Feature Design > CLI Templates > CLI"

You're welcome.

I edited my earlier post to add in the one menu pick.