cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Console in AZERTY (French)

Hi.

For test purpose, I deployed Prime Infra Express VM ova file on my VMWare server. I can't find a way to change keyboard layout to French AZERTY on the console.

Does anyone know how to do that on console command line ?

Thank you

Philippe Goossens.

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's not a "supported" change but the OS underneath Prime is RedHat Linux. I looked on my 2.0 system and see the following:

ade # uname -a

Linux prime 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jan 4 13:32:19 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ade #

ade # pwd

/etc/sysconfig

ade # cat keyboard

KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"

KEYTABLE="us"

ade #

I would hazard a guess that if you change the KEYTABLE variable to "fr" and restart the system you might see it flip to AZERTY.

Bonne chance!

Hi Marvin.

It doesn't seem to be the same interface... I have a kind of Cisco console and no access to uname command.

prime20/admin# sh ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0

ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.6.003-px-build

ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

All rights reserved.

Hostname: prime20

Version information of installed applications

---------------------------------------------

prime20/admin#

Philippe,

You are in the ADE-OS (Application Development Environment Operating System) shell. It has only commands specific to the Cisco application at a high level available.

For my commands, you need to drop into the underlying OS shell with the "root" command. At that point, you are logged in as a Linux admin with root superuser privilege.

This change is pretty benign but beware that change you make to the OS level without TAC direction are at your own risk.

Hi Marvin.

Thank you for your help. I can't fin a way to login as root, but it doesn't matter anymore. I can log in through ssh with putty and it's in french AZERTY.

Philippe

Thanks for that really good information. Now I have access to the linux. This is more comfortable.

Just have to enter "root-enable", create a new password and after that, I can enter "root" to access "ADE". NICE :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco