Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Link-Down Alarm severity level

m.o.andersson_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have been looking for a way to lower the severity level of link-down Alarms. I use the threshhold utilization feature and want to generate an alarm when CPU or Memory goes over 90%, this works fine. Problem is that when you enable "Switches and Hubs" or "Routers" category to receive alarms under: Operate -> Alarms & Events -> Email Notifications, you define only Critical alarms should generate an email and Link-down is by default Critical.

Well you figure that you should be able to change this, but i can't find anything to change the severity under: Administration -> System Settings -> Severity Configuration.

Do anyone know if this is even possible? If so please tell me how..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

check the attached screenshot , link-down is there ..

Is there any option to show only link-alarms for trunk ports?  No AFAIK.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes it is possible.

Changing Alarm Severities

You can change the severity level for newly generated alarms

Note Existing alarms remain unchanged.

To change the severity level of newly generated alarms:

Step 1 Choose Administration > System Settings .

Step 2 Choose Severity Configuration from the left sidebar menu.

Step 3 Select the check box of the alarm condition whose severity level you want to change.

Step 4 From the Configure Severity Level drop-down list, choose the new severity level ( Critical , Major , Minor , Warning , Informational , or Reset to Default ).

Step 5 Click Go, then click OK.

Check the attached screen shot ..

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks alot for your reply. But as i said, i know where to change the severity, problem is that i cannot find the specific alarm i get as "LINK-DOWN". That type of alarm is always Critical and cannot be changed, from what i have found. 

So step 3 in your description, where do i find "Link-Down" alarms?

Hi ,

check the attached screenshot , link-down is there ..

Is there any option to show only link-alarms for trunk ports?  No AFAIK.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors***

You are absolutely correct! But why is it in the "Controller" category? I sorted the list based on switch and router and couldn't find it, so that was my problem. Sorry about that!

fhk-cseifert
Level 1
Level 1
... Is there any option to show only link-alarms for trunk ports? Thanks for any help. Chris