Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Infrastructure 2.1 NCS Physical Appliance as a Syslog Server

Hi,

I have a PI 2.1 NCS Physical Appliance and a client want it as a syslog server too, routers and switches have been configured to send the log to PI but I can't see anything in Operate > Alarms & Events; click Syslogs. Anybody knows what could be the issue or if it's necesary enable a check box.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi ,So far PI can only show

Hi ,

So far PI can only show Severity 0 ,1 and 2 syslogs under Operate > Alarms & Events >syslogs

If you are not able to see them also then try to restrat the PI services (ncs stop and ncs start ) and check the issue again

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Hall of Fame Super Silver

On Prime Infrastructure (at

On Prime Infrastructure (at least up to and including Release 2.1), parsing and the ability to view syslog messages lower than level 2 requires modification of a file in the underlying OS.

A thread on how to do so can be found here.

Hi,I have read the link

Hi,

I have read the link enclosed, and it's mentioned edit the following file:

/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/syslog_sev_filter.xml file

this is made into the shell using a Prime Infrastructure Virtual Appliance, this is valid for physical appliance too?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I don't have a physical

I don't have a physical appliance on hand to verify it personally but the underlying file system and directory structure (within /opt/CSCO anyway) should be identical.

In both cases it's the same application running within ADE-OS on a customized RHEL distribution.

Hi,I would be doing this soon

Hi,

I would be doing this soon and report you back. I have another question, PI is capable of monitoring cisco devices power supplies?, I am searching but I haven't found some information about it.

Cisco Employee

As Marvin also said , this

As Marvin also said , this should be applicable to physical appliance too

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content