Views
Helpful
Replies

prime infrastructure 2.1 - no E-Mail for syslog alarms

Andreas Herbst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´ve now configured my CPI (2.1) for receiving all syslog and SNMP Traps sent from my switches (catalyst 2960s). Everything works fine so far.

Now i want CPI to send an email for the syslog event "security violation". I can see this event in Syslog view and also in events with severity cirtical like i defined in severity configuration - but no email is generated?? Do i have to configure something special if i want to have an email notification for syslog generated alarms?

The reason for this problem (maybe there´s another solution): We use 802.1x authentication and i want to know when there´s a security violation and a port is set to error disabled state. I´ve configured my switches to send SNMP Traps for "errdisabled" but they never appear in CPI.

Because of that i´ve configured syslogs and saw that "security violation" is logged by syslog but no email is created :((

Thank you very much for you help!!

3 Replies 3

Andreas Herbst
Level 1
Level 1

No one? :(

We're experiencing similar problem when syslog for STP loop (severity 2) is received, recognized as critical but no alarm is created.

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Im having the same issue on PI 2.2..Can anyone shed any light into how i can get those syslogs to email?