cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.1 Release

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just noticed that PI 2.1 Release Notes, User Guide etc. were published 14 April 2014.

The Release Notes describe the new features and open/resolved caveats. It looks like the topology feature and a fix to the often-discussed syslog severity levels did not make the cut.

The software download center does not appear to have the update posted just yet (as of 16 April 2014)

1 Accepted Solution
12 Replies 12

sprocket10
Level 2
Level 2

I was just researching the release date for this, so many thanks for the link.

Seth Bjorn
Level 1
Level 1

I hope these release notes are inaccurate.... It still shows 7.4.110.0 as the highest level WLC firmware supported.

I see further down it has limited support for version 7.5 and 7.6. This is really ridiculous that Cisco can't get their management software to fully support their wlcs.

Interesting as 7.4.110.0 is no longer available and has been deferred.

I was hoping for EnergyWise, but doesnt show

WLC software 7.5/7.6 will be fully supported in PI 2.2.

Currently only PI 1.4 is supporting those versions.

The document say that I can upgrade to 2.1 from 1.3 and 2.0, not from 1.4.

Any guesses about 2.2? If I upgrade our 1.3 to 2.1 will I then be able to upgrade to 2.2 or is it only possible to upgrade to 2.2 from 1.4 ...?

I am running 7.5 on our 5508's with some limited support in PI 1.3.

Upgrade from PI 2.1 to PI 2.2 will be supported.

Great. Do you know when Cisco plan to release 2.2?

michael mearlon
Level 1
Level 1

It is my understanding that LMS Prime 4.2.4 support licenses expire in 2015.  What is the likelihood that Prime 2.1 will offer more features of LMS?

The Prime LMS End-of-sales/engineering/support announcements I know of (link) are for 4.0 and 4.1.

LMS 4.2 is still being "sold" (included as part of Prime Infrastructure bundles) for the very reason that PI does not have feature parity with Prime LMS (even - so it seems - as of the upcoming PI 2.1).

When Cisco announces EoX for Prime LMS I would expect it to follow the usual 3 year timeline for cessation of the sales, engineering and support activities.

gzelks
Level 1
Level 1

Thankyou Marvin for the heads-up.

Still no sign of the software download for PI 2.1 update yet (22 April).

This is very frustrating that features are promised and then there is no mention in the supposed release.  Unless these release notes are not the full release notes that will be issues when CPI 2.1 is finally officially released.

Apart from the two key features I would like to see Reachability determined by ICMP rather than SNMP,  but I am not holding my breath for this.

Wait and hope perhaps.

Thanks for the heads up Andrzej - I just noticed it also.

Looks like it was released yesterday (23 April 2014).