cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS 4.2.3 + SNMPv3 + User Tracking

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

Is user tracking able to function without SNMPv2?  I recently implemented SNMPv3 on a couple of Cisco 3750's to test LMS functionality.  Since I removed SNMPv2 from these switches, I no longer get IP and MAC address information in user tracking reports.  CiscoView, however, works just fine using only SNMPv3.  Are only certain LMS components SNMPv3 capable?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For End host and other details you need to configure SNMP v3 Context. All other applications also support SNMP v3 on supported cisco devices.

My following disussion has the same issue, please check if helpful:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3960325#3960325

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For End host and other details you need to configure SNMP v3 Context. All other applications also support SNMP v3 on supported cisco devices.

My following disussion has the same issue, please check if helpful:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3960325#3960325

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I'm not having any luck implementing the SNMP context.  I'm getting the MAC and port vlan assigment in LMS, but I'm not getting the IP address.

snmp-server group v3lms v3 auth read v1default write v1default access 10
snmp-server group v3lms v3 priv read v1default write v1default access 10

snmp-server group v3lms v3 auth context vlan- match prefix read v1default access 10
snmp-server group v3lms v3 priv context vlan- match prefix read v1default access 10

I thought it might be the vlan prefix matching, but I tried using a specific VLAN and didn't get any different results.  Any advice?

Edit: I removed the access list statements which corrected the issue.  I'm not sure why that part was failing, but the above command works, minus the "access 10".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: