Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Prime on Red Hat and its SNMPd

Hello, all,

we have Cisco Prime 5.0.0.8 installed and running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga).

We want to poll snmp information about underlaying Red Hat server state and status. I have installed net-snmp packages (version 5.7.1). I tried to enable snmpd with simplest configuration, however it would not start. When I looked into the matter, I found out that port 161 is being used for IPv6 by some ANA (prime) java app:

/export/home/ana38/java/bin/java -Dsudo_ana38 -Dlow.ports.udp.redirect -Dmode.silent=true -cp /export/home/ana38/Third_Party/cisco/lotem.jar com.cisco.nm.lotem.nio.bbs.redirect.LocalUdpRedirector IPv6 69-1069 514-1514 162-1162 161-1161

whatever way I tried to start snpmd (even with specifying IPv4 address) it fails. I do not want to kill off any java processes knowing that they are obviously being some Prime processes (look above). I cannot find any reservations for port 161 on IPv4, however any combination of attempts fails.

I am looking for ways to handle this correctly. I can start snmpd on any other port (i.e. 30161 or whatever) but I am not aware that Prime can poll from non-default listening port. Also, I need to enable it on the non-loopback address, so we can poll Unit's OS health from Server and vice versa.

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions how to handle this well? Should I kill off java or should I try to fix Prime to poll from non-default ports?

• Network Management
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.