Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Private groups in Ciscoworks lms 2.5, 2.6

I need to setup ciscoworks such that a user can only see a subset of the total managed devices in CM and RME. How can this be done?

Cheers, Steve.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Private groups in Ciscoworks lms 2.5, 2.6

In order to do this you must have LMS integrated with CiscoSecure ACS. See the LAN Management Solution deployment guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html for more details on setting this up.

Thanks mate, We are running ACS 3.3(3) build 11 - Is this process supported with LMS 2.5/6?

Steve.

Cisco Employee

Yes. See the documentation link I provided.

Hey Joe,

I'm following the process as directed but when I get to the section "Configure the System Identity User in the ACS Server" I don't see where I can "Browse to the applications CiscoWorks, CiscoView, RME, DFM and CiscoWorks CM" etc as instructed in Step 4.

Thanks for your assistance with this, SteveK.

Cisco Employee

Before you can see the applications in ACS, you have to register them from LMS. This link might get you going with the initial integration a bit quicker:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddc3aaf/2#selected_message

Basically, once you integrate and register your applications from LMS, THEN you configure the System Identity User in ACS and give them full access rights.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content