cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Probelm with Campus Manger 5.2

jms112080
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 and Campus Manger 5.2. Since the upgrade Data Collection doesn't seem to work. The schedule is in place and I've tried manually forcing it to start with no luck. The user tracking seems to be working normally. Any ideas? Is there a process that needs to be restarted?

20 Replies 20

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean it's not working? Exactly what problems or errors are you seeing?

It doesn't run, the last collection was four days ago. When I try to manually start a collection it gives the message that it is going to start and never leaves "idle".

Post the ani.log and ANIServer.log.

Posted.

I completely uninstalled the entire Ciscoworks suite and re-installed LMS 3.2 with all the modules. Same issue, the initial data collection ran and it hasn't worked since. Were you able to see anything in the log files?

Sorry, I missed this post. There appears to be a problem with the ANI database. When you did the reinstall, did you restore from backup? If so, try reinitializing the ANI database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

I did not restore from backup, started with a clean database.

Then reproduce the problem, and post the new logs along with the output of pdshow.

Log files are attached.

How are you starting Data Collection?

The schedule is set for the defaults..every 4 hours. I also try on the CM homepage, under "system status", click "Start Data Collection" link. It asks for "all devices" or "new devices". I select all, and its says it will notify server to run collection.

I see both running without any fatal errors. Campus Manager should be managing devices. It last started at 11:08 this morning, and finished at 11:15.

If it runs the last completion time never updates.

What is the last completion time? Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco