Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem reinstalling and renaming LMS server then joining cluster

Hi,

We have CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 running on 3 Windows 2003 servers in a cluster environment.

I have had to reinstall one of the slave servers in the cluster, due to a RAID controller failure which corrupted some of the files on the drive.

One of the complications is that after the software was originally installed on the servers, the server names were changed:

HostA -> Server1 (Master)

HostB -> Server2 (Slave)

HostC -> Server3 (Slave)

When the names were changed, I was presently surprised that I didnt have to do anything as far as reconfiguring CiscoWorks. The old names were set up in the DNS as aliases and everything kept working using the old names. This was extremely useful as the users still refer to the machines as the old names, Hostx.

Now that I have reinstalled CiscoWorks (CS, DFM and IPM) on this box, I have noticed that the group names are of the format DFM@Server3.

Is there any way that they can be changed back to DFM@HostC?

Regards

Jeff

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem reinstalling and renaming LMS server then joining cl

Not without going through all the procedures at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/cs303/usrguide/diagnos.htm#wp1078582 to change the CiscoWorks hostname back to HostC.

Re: Problem reinstalling and renaming LMS server then joining cl

Thanks. I thought that would be the case, but there might have been an extra step.

Never mind, the ops guys will just have to live with it.

Thanks for your response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content