Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Backup (LMS 3.1)

mfilser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I've a problem with a LMS 3.1 in the backup-section. The backup fails every time with following error:

SQL Anywhere Backup Utility Version 10.0.1.3694

(841 of 839 pages, 100% complete)

Database backup completed

SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.3694

SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 10.0.1.3694

SQL error (-832) -- Connection error: Found server but communication error occurred

SQL error (-832) -- Connection error: Found server but communication error occurred

[Tue Jun 30 22:15:25 2009] Validation C:/\1\dfm\database\dfmInv.db failed.

SQL Anywhere Command File Hiding Utility Version 10.0.1.3694

SQL Anywhere Backup Utility Version 10.0.1.3694

(841 of 839 pages, 100% complete

The installation was done with the local admin-account. The hard- and softwarerequirements are fullfilled.

After the installation, my customer has integrated the server into 2 different domains. I have the information, that casuser is member of the Administrators and has fully access to all of the folders and files.

Some ideas?

Regards

Markus

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something we're seeing a lot of. We already have Sybase looking into it. Essentially, the DFM Inv database keeps getting corrupted, but at this point we're not sure exactly as to why. It would be helpful if you could open a TAC service request, and provide us with the dfmInv.db, dfmInv.log, and DBServer.properties files for further analysis.

Once we have the corrupted files, you can recover by reinitializing the Inv database with the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: