Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with groups in Topology Services

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have LMS 3.1 over Windows, CM 5.1.0. We have created some user-defined groups in Common Services group administration.

When we try to display these groups from Topology Services, some devices don't appear.

Data Collection works fine for all devices, included these and they are well managed from all the applications (CS, Data Collection, UT, RME...).

We create the groups with automatic rules, devices are shown like members of this group when creating the group, if we take a look from CS we can see these devices; they only are not shown in Topology Services.

Can anyone please help me?

Regards.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these devices present in the layer 2 or unconnected devices views?

Hi,

they are layer 2 devices. But I have updated CM to 5.1.1 version, and after creating the group again, all those devices have appeared.

Is it possible that the patch has reset the database? (Because the discrepancies and the best deviations were 0).

Regards.

No, the patch does not reinitialize the ANI database. The discrepancy and deviation count will always be 0 after ANIServer is restarted since those are only stored in memory.

I cannot say for certain what the problem was here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco