Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Problems adding device to LMS 4.2.4 Appliance version

I am trying to setup LMS 4.2.4 Appliance version for over a week now and keep running into one problem - I can add a device to LMS by using Inventory->Device Administration->Add/Import/Manage Devices without a problem.  Whether I tell it to use SNMP, Telnet or SSH, I am able to add the device. 

As I understand it from LMS 4.1 (not just ) For Dummies document that I was directed to in another message in this forum, the next thing to do is run a inventory collection job to get all of the hardware/software/etc info on the device.  That is the first sign of a problem.  When I go through all of the groups listed under the Device Selector, the device I have added, isnt showing up under any of the categories.

If I go to Inventory->Device Administration->Add/Import/Manage devices, I can see the device.  If I go to Admin->Dashboard->Device Status, I can see a 1 beside Discovered Devices.  If I click on 1, then I see details about that device including the snmp object id.  Cant see it anywhere else. 

I setup an earlier version of CiscoWorks at another company several years ago and didnt have this much trouble getting it to work.

Ron

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Is the device showing up in Device Center? If you can see it there. I'd suggest doing a packet capture while trying to exercise the inventory collection.

One thing you may need to do for that device (under Manager Devices) is to change its SNMP timeout. Sometimes that helps get a recalcitrant device properly inventoried and fully managed.

Community Member

Hi,

I have the some problem I'm succeed to add the device in ADD/Remove, but when i try to use the netconfig option i cant see the device.

any idea

thanks in advance

Community Member

Hi Dawit,

Run a Credential Verification for the device from "Inventory > Job Browsers > Device credentials verification", select the device in question and then test it for all the credentials, including telnet/ssh and snmp.

Run the job and let us know if the job was successful or if it failed. Share the job result.

Note:- For you to be able to use the netconfig option, the device must have RW snmp community string configured and the same needs to be in the DCR for this device.

Regards,

Syed Khalid

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content