Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems applying DST patch

ngholmieh
Level 1
Level 1

I am applying the DST patch 3.0 on LMS 2.5.1

I turned off manually all ciscoworks services, but when it comes to IPM, I get the following message:

Could not stop the IPM PM Server on Local Computer

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in timely fashion.

I then killed the IPM processes with the task manager, and trying to run the DST patch: The installation freezes on CHECKING LOCK FILES.

I tried setting the IPM services to start manually and rebooted the ciscoworks server, I got the same error. And before that, the patch setup program tries to shut down IPM, although it is already down!!

Are there locked files i should delete before applying the patch? which ones?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't need to delete anything prior to installing the DST patch. To avoid any locked files, set the CiscoWorks Daemon Management service, all of the IPM services, and all of the CWCS services to manual, then reboot the server. Then turn off any on-access virus scanning, then do the DST patch installation.

When you set the services back to Automatic, make sure you ONLY set the services back to Automatic that were previously set to Automatic. In particular, services such as Tomcat, Apache, and the database engines must be Manual.