cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems connecting to some RME sites

simon.bell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having problems opening some of my RME pages. Archive management, home page, Device management etc. just won't pull up. I'm getting tired of restarting all daemon services, is there one specifically that i could restart that might resolve this issue?

TIA

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error do you get trying to open these pages?

I don't actually get an error. the pages just finally pulls up a blank site. Like in Archive management it pulls up /rme/dcmaArchiveSummary.do Other sites just time out and never return an error.

What is happening on the server when this problem occurs? Is there a lot of CPU usage or disk activity? What does the pdshow output look like when this occurs?

Also which version of LMS and RME do you have?

Are you connecting to LMS from a Client PC or the Server itself?

Which browser do you use?

ended up bouncing the services. we're running LMS 3.0.1 RME 4.1.1 connecting from a workstation. tried both firefox and IE w/ the same results.

The problem may be a memory leak in Tomcat, or it could be a server CPU problem. We have at least one known bug in LMS 3.0 where the GGSCript.exe process takes up 100% of the CPU.

Humm, it's happening again today. sounds like another tac case

When you do open the case, include the information I already mentioned in this thread. It will help narrow down where the problem lies.

The TAC engineer had me flush the jsp cache which seemed to fix the problem for a little while, although it's hard to say since simply restarting the services also fixed the problem for a little while.

Today i'm having the problem yet again. Other than reopening the TAC case, do you have any other suggestions i can test while the services are online and RME is having problems?

This problem is occurring again. Here are a list of the RME pages not coming up:

RME > Home

RME > Devices > Device Management

RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt

RME > Config Mgmt > Config Editor > Private Configs

RME > Config Mgmt > Config Editor > Public Configs

RME > Config Mgmt > NetConfig > User-defined Tasks

RME > Config Mgmt > NetConfig > Assigning Tasks

RME > Tools > NetShow > Command Sets

RME > Tools > NetShow > Assigning Command Sets

RME > Admin > ChangeAudit > Config Change Filter

RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands

RME > Admin > Device Mgmt > Device Management Settings

RME > Admin > Device Mgmt > Device Credential Verification Settings

RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Device Attributes

RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Secondary Credentials

Any thoughts?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: