Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problems in adding 3750 device pkg in SNMS 1.5

Hi ,

I recently installed SNMS 1.5 on a windows 2000 professional machine with java 1.4.2 & IE6. My problem is that i can view the 4500 switch but none of the 3750 switches. On viewing the installed device packages i found that 3750 device package was not installed. So i tried to install the package using the package updater option. But when i select hard disk/CD_Rom option for specifying the location of zipped package IE throws up an error saying that an enexpected error has occured & then the windows closes.

I tried reinstalling SNMS, installing the IDU 5 reinstalling java etc but still the problem persists.

Then i tried the staging area on the server option. But how do i specify the staging area? Where do i put the 3750 device pakgs?

I can view the 3750's in Cisco Network Assistant.

I would need some help in this. :-)

Thx & regards

Sonu

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Problems in adding 3750 device pkg in SNMS 1.5

Hi Sonu,

depending on your CD you have the Upgrade 1 is located on the CD directory Name: CWSNMS15Update1.

Best reagrds,

Frank

Cisco Employee

Sonu,

The SNMS Update1 is only available on the installation CD.

There is a directory called "Update 1".

If you don't have it, the only way to get is is to contact your Cisco Accounting team to get it...

Pierre

PS: once you have it, go directly to IDU 13 and not 12... 12 requires IDU 8 before... while IDU 13 can be reached directly

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Sonu,

What part of SNMS does not processes the 3750s?

If it's RME, you'll have to install RME IDU 13 from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme

If it's CiscoView, you need the Cat3750 package from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cview50

(README files explain how to install them)

Pierre

Hi,

I upgraded to IDU 5. When i try to upgrade to IDU 12 it says to install Ciscoworks SNMS 1.5 upgrade 1. I searched a lot via CCO but cant find this particular patch (Ciscoworks SNMS 1.5 upgrade 1)

Pls help.

Regards

Sonu

Silver

Hi Sonu,

depending on your CD you have the Upgrade 1 is located on the CD directory Name: CWSNMS15Update1.

Best reagrds,

Frank

Cisco Employee

Sonu,

The SNMS Update1 is only available on the installation CD.

There is a directory called "Update 1".

If you don't have it, the only way to get is is to contact your Cisco Accounting team to get it...

Pierre

PS: once you have it, go directly to IDU 13 and not 12... 12 requires IDU 8 before... while IDU 13 can be reached directly

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content