cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems reititializing DFM DB

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I became frustrated with device problems in my LMS 4.2 DFM module, so I decided to start from scratch and reinitialize the DFM databases using the procedure described by Joe Clarke in this document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796

I stopped daemon manager, then initiialized dfmInv and dfmEpm DBs with no problem.  However, when I get to dfmFh I hit a wall. I issue the command to reinitialize and get no response.  I have issued it twice.  The first time I waited about 10 minutes then hit ctrl-C to cancel out.  Now I have been waiting at least a half hour and still nothing.  I haven't even received the Do you want to continue [y/n]? prompt.

Here is the command I used from within the NMSROOT\bin directory:

dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Jeff

1 Reply 1

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

(sheepishly)

Ok hard to admit this on a public forum, but I didn't precede the command with "perl".  My excuse is that on other platforms I typically associate the .pl extension with perl.exe, so I am somewhat in the habit of not doing that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: