Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems when fetching configurations from some devices

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have an LMS 2.6 installed on a Windows server and it cannot fetch the configs from some devices. These devices are:

- 1 3560E

- 1 HP WS-CBS3020-HPQ

- 1 6500

I have been searching through the forum looking for some solution but I have found noone.

We have all the latest devices packages installed in the LMS.

The directory content in C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme and C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs are exactly the same (I attached both contents in dir_content.txt).

If we do a snmpwalk to the devices from the Device Center, the snmpwalks work.

We have also enabled the ArchiveMgmt debug and I attach the file dcmaservice.log

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you very much.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the device hostnames and IP address?

Hi,

hostnames and IP addresses are:

- 3560E: 172.28.36.211/sw_rack_16_24p

- WS-CBS3020-HPQ: 172.28.36.210/sw_blade01

- 6500: 172.28.4.17/sw_Gigabit

The 3560 appears to have both telnet and SSH disabled (or at least those protocols are unreachable from LMS).

The same is true for the 3020. Since both are in the same subnet, this could be a firewall or ACL problem.

The 6500 appears to have a command authorization problem. Check to make sure commands like "show running" and "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:" are allowed.

We are going to test the telnet connection from LMS to the devices and I will tell you.

In the 6500 I have this output from some tests we did some days ago:

sw_Gigabit#sh bootflash:

No files on device

65536000 bytes available (0 bytes used)

sw_Gigabit#sh sup-bootFlash:

-#- --length-- -----date/time------ path

1 45554596 Dec 08 2007 13:59:38 s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXH.bin

2 33554432 Dec 09 2007 16:40:06 sea_log.dat

945471488 bytes available (79118336 bytes used)

Does this indicate a command authorization problem or is not enough and we must chech the other commands?

Thank you very much.

No. Command authorization means you see an authorization error trying to run commands. You would, of course, have to test these commands as the user RME is using.

Hi,

the telnet connection runs perfectly between the LMS and the devices (they are in the same subnet) and in 6500, there is no authorization problem because the commands suggested can be executed.

Is there anything else we can check?

Many thanks.

You will need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging, then run a sync job for one of the failing devices and post the dcmaservice.log. The previous log pointed to everything I already mentioned, so something must have changed.

Finally the problem was that the required packages wasn't installed. The MDF was very old and first, it was necessary to update it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: