Views
Helpful
Replies

problems while WDS is enabled

donatas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My wireless network consists of root-bridge (aironet 1240), up to 10 WGB connected to it, one WDS AP ant WLSE for management. The problem is, when I enable WDS service on root-bridge. After that, my WGB`s are not reachable and root-bridge responds to ICMP poorly, but reachable through SSH. Is this kind of problem familiar for somebody?

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you can get more subject matter experts' attention at the Wireless Mobility subforum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/security-network-management

But out of curiosity:

1) Is the "one WDS AP" the same as the 1240 root-bridge?

2) What are your goals for enabling WDS on the root-bridge? Is it for achieving Layer 3 mobility?

3) How did you enable WDS service on the root-bridge? Screen shots of the GUI or CLI would help.

4) What's the IOS version on the root-bridge?

thanks for reply,

1) no, root-bridge and WDS AP are not the same AP.. there are two different devices

2) WDS is for management with WLSE. (manage configurations, firmwares, maybe radio management)

3) I enable WDS simply through GUI.. AP is registered with WDS, and system worked for about 2 months, only two weeks ago something crashed.

4) I tried 2 versions of IOS.. now is the latest one.

so the problem is solved. It was auto discovery of WDS AP. When connection is lost to WDS
AP, AP tries to find it and kills data transfer.

WDS AP now is entered staticaly and everything works fine. Of course, there is a limitation with backup WDS AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: