Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with DFM 2.0.3

Since I istalled the last patch LMS 2.5.1 December 2005, i coul not received email alerts from DFM module, before that it was working fine, I check on alert and activities window and appear many alarms and on configurations all the parameters are well, so anybody has some idea what happened ?

thanks and best regards

Manuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red

Re: Problems with DFM 2.0.3

This is CSCsc91394:

Notification subscriptions do not work after upgrade to DFM 2.0.3

The Release-note contains a work-around.

7 REPLIES
Red

This is CSCsc91394:

Notification subscriptions do not work after upgrade to DFM 2.0.3

The Release-note contains a work-around.

thanks nhabib , it works again,

thank you very much

Osvaldo

I had a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/prod_release_note09186a00805a769d.html#wp1060981

But I didn't find a workaround...

What is the workaround?

Red

You will need to access the Release-note of the defect:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsc91394

thanks for the hint.

I re-registered the NOSServer daemon but now I got server errors trying to go to the configuration pages of the DFM:

"type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

...."

I recently had the same problem schade.

The command text that you copied from the Cisco bug tool has extra carriage returns and ^ instead of spaces. Its incorrect.

Use the attached script to correct the problem on windows, of if you have solaris here is the text required:

SET OCWD=%CD%

cd /D "%CWMIBDIR%\..\..\.."

SET NMSROOT=%CD%

cd /D "%OCWD%"

CALL %NMSROOT%\bin\pdreg.cmd -u NOSServer

CALL %NMSROOT%\bin\pdreg.cmd -r NOSServer -d "EPMDbEngine,EPMServer,INVDbEngine,PMServer,DFMOGSServer" -e %NMSROOT%\bin\cwjava.exe -f " -server -cp:p MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\nos.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ctm.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-client.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\cogs.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kc1.0.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kilnervirtualasa1.0.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\activation.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\tis-client.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\pm.jar;lib\classpath\jconn2.jar;lib\classpath\epm-v0-5-0.jar;lib\classpath\cesar-v0-5-0b.jar;MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE.jar;MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;MDC\bin;objects\nos\config;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\classes; -cw:jre %NMSROOT%\MDC\jre -cw:xrs -Djava.compiler=NONE com.cisco.nm.trx.nos.server.NOSServer"

super - thanks a lot:)

after applying your script I can configure AND also get notifictions again.

(But I'm still asking myself how an "update" can be published where a bug stops a basic functionality...)

Views
Helpful
Replies