cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with DFM 2.0.3

ocajica
Level 1
Level 1

Since I istalled the last patch LMS 2.5.1 December 2005, i coul not received email alerts from DFM module, before that it was working fine, I check on alert and activities window and appear many alarms and on configurations all the parameters are well, so anybody has some idea what happened ?

thanks and best regards

Manuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

This is CSCsc91394:

Notification subscriptions do not work after upgrade to DFM 2.0.3

The Release-note contains a work-around.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

This is CSCsc91394:

Notification subscriptions do not work after upgrade to DFM 2.0.3

The Release-note contains a work-around.

thanks nhabib , it works again,

thank you very much

Osvaldo

I had a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/prod_release_note09186a00805a769d.html#wp1060981

But I didn't find a workaround...

What is the workaround?

You will need to access the Release-note of the defect:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsc91394

thanks for the hint.

I re-registered the NOSServer daemon but now I got server errors trying to go to the configuration pages of the DFM:

"type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

...."

I recently had the same problem schade.

The command text that you copied from the Cisco bug tool has extra carriage returns and ^ instead of spaces. Its incorrect.

Use the attached script to correct the problem on windows, of if you have solaris here is the text required:

SET OCWD=%CD%

cd /D "%CWMIBDIR%\..\..\.."

SET NMSROOT=%CD%

cd /D "%OCWD%"

CALL %NMSROOT%\bin\pdreg.cmd -u NOSServer

CALL %NMSROOT%\bin\pdreg.cmd -r NOSServer -d "EPMDbEngine,EPMServer,INVDbEngine,PMServer,DFMOGSServer" -e %NMSROOT%\bin\cwjava.exe -f " -server -cp:p MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\nos.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ctm.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-client.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\cogs.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kc1.0.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kilnervirtualasa1.0.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\activation.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\tis-client.jar;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\pm.jar;lib\classpath\jconn2.jar;lib\classpath\epm-v0-5-0.jar;lib\classpath\cesar-v0-5-0b.jar;MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE.jar;MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;MDC\bin;objects\nos\config;MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\classes; -cw:jre %NMSROOT%\MDC\jre -cw:xrs -Djava.compiler=NONE com.cisco.nm.trx.nos.server.NOSServer"

super - thanks a lot:)

after applying your script I can configure AND also get notifictions again.

(But I'm still asking myself how an "update" can be published where a bug stops a basic functionality...)