I had changed an interface state to false, but after several hours it has
been changed back to true. I have find out the issue under DFM 3.1.2 and I have upgrade to 3.1.3, but patch is not fixing the problem.
When you changed the state, did you apply the changed to the DFM server (i.e. DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes)? Did you reboot the server after doing this? Did a DFM rediscovery run for this device during this time?
Yes, of course I have applied changes. No I have not reboot server after this. No, rediscovery was not run after updating interface state.
About how long do you have to wait before the interface status reverts back to true? What interface types did you unmanage? I am trying to recreate this problem locally.
My LMS was a clean install, and I also upgraded it to the newest updates.
I have tried this is Ethernet Interfaces, Tunnels, a NAM external interface.
Im going to try and time the issue, I have wiped out my databases and I am rediscovering...
I cannot reproduce. I unmanaged two interfaces (an ATM interface and a Dialer interface) on a 3745 using the Detailed Device View. I applied my changes. After about six hours, both interfaces are still unmanaged.
I have this issue with Serial, Ethernet and Virtual interfaces. I have this interfaces in managed state on the next day.
I still cannot reproduce even after two days. If you notice this on the next day, that implies that a rediscovery does run (since rediscoveries run at 0200 every day by default). Try forcing a rediscovery of the device after setting the interfaces to their desired states. Go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete to do the rediscovery.
I was able to reproduce after running a rediscovery on the device in question. I found the problem, and created a patch against DFM 3.1.3. If you contact the TAC, and have your engineer contact me directly, I can provide the patch.
Yes, today I have discovered same behaviour. I have asked the case engineer Christine Oh to contact you.