Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with SNMS 1.5.1 on Win2003 and WhatsUp Gold

heiko.bachofner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I installed the SNMS 1.5.1 as described in the installation guide (on Win2003). Only one thing - I changed the Admin password from the whatsUp Gold console (which is not recommended - I read it after I made it...). Now I cannot access the WhatsUp page from the SNMS 1.5.1 on the server. When I access the SNMS Page from a client, everything is working fine - only if I want to access the whatsUp page directly from the server, there is something wrong.

The following error message appears:

The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.

Please try the following:

Open the admin:NMSAdmin@chsi2017:1742 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer

Search button to look for similar sites.

I tried to change the password to the old one again on the WhatsUp console but it doesn't work.

I also tried to change the WhatsUp password on an Win2000 installation. The result was the same, but I was able to enter the old password again and after that it works well again.

Is there something else I have to change on an win2003 installation ? Something with the user rights ?

Is there a possibility to fix this problem without installing the complete SNMS ?

regards

Heiko

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Having tried resetting the password, I think the only option now left is to reinstall the SNMA 1.5.1. This will reset all the configuration to its defaults. Try this it should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: