Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with swapping devices in LMS

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello

We have LMS 2.5.1 here in use. We use it mainly for monitoring our switches...

Anyway, we recently replaced lots of switches and also reused a few of the swaped ones in other places. Now those reused switches recieved a new configuration with a new hostname.

The problem is now that they still appear with their old hostnames (or old reverse dns names) in Ciscoworks.

What have I to do to get them the new names?

And where the heck are those 3 buttons to synchronize the databases again? I'm searching and searching but can't find it :/

Thanks,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check for the following lines in NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\DeviceDiscovery.properties

nameserver.updateDCRDisplayName=true

nameserver.updateDomainNameSuffix=true

I assume yours are set to '"false"', -change them to true and start discovery and when it has finished start 'data collection'.

You find these options in Campus > Administration.

If this is finished let the devices by rediscoverd in DFM as well ( could take some time). If you still have naming problems here the easiest way should be to just delete them (they should be readded automatically)

What do you mean by 'synchronize the databases again' - per default the db have an auto sync, so you do not need to sync them manual (e.g all devices discovered and with successfull data collection will be managed by RME and DFM).

regards,

MArtin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check for the following lines in NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\DeviceDiscovery.properties

nameserver.updateDCRDisplayName=true

nameserver.updateDomainNameSuffix=true

I assume yours are set to '"false"', -change them to true and start discovery and when it has finished start 'data collection'.

You find these options in Campus > Administration.

If this is finished let the devices by rediscoverd in DFM as well ( could take some time). If you still have naming problems here the easiest way should be to just delete them (they should be readded automatically)

What do you mean by 'synchronize the databases again' - per default the db have an auto sync, so you do not need to sync them manual (e.g all devices discovered and with successfull data collection will be managed by RME and DFM).

regards,

MArtin

Hi Martin

Thanks, this was exactly what I searched for :)

With the 'synchronize the databases again' did I exactly mean what is hidden under Campus > Administration.

Thanks,

Patrick