cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

problems within config management on LMS 4.0.1

Hi.

I'm using LMS 4.0.1 (current patches and device packages)

There is a problem with the configuration fetch.

There are some 2503 routers with IOS 11.3(6) and the message on LMS is:  Couldnot enter ENABLE Mode from USER Mode on Device

The devices arn't configured with username, only telnet pw and enable pw; no access-lists or other limitations configured

The credential check is ok ... multiple checks done ... devices deleted, new discovery ... devices deleted and manually added .... with the link  //serverip:1741/rme/rmedevices.do I've changed the timeouts multiple times (up to 60 seconds for TFTP, SNMP) .... all these have had no effect of the config fetch

Somebody here with other ideas??

Regards

Markus

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: problems within config management on LMS 4.0.1

Hi,

LMS (RME) does not support EOL images.

However you should probably verify the credentials being sent (Admin > Network > Device Credential Settings > Default Credential Sets).  A definitive way to do this is by exporting your DCR. Navigate to Inventory > Device Administration > Add / Import / Manage Devices. Click 'Export', choose the device, check the box 'Export Device Credentials' and save the file.  Contained within the file are the user/pass/snmp etc. that are used.

If you are faced with a different response than expected from the device you might try looking at ../CSCOpx/objects/cmf/data/TacacsPrompts.ini which contains the prompts that you can alter.

USERNAME_PROMPT=Username:,username:

PASSWORD_PROMPT=Password:,password:

Be sure to backup the existing file and then edit the file to match the prompt you see when manually logging into the device.

Thanks

Re: problems within config management on LMS 4.0.1

Hi.

Thanks for the fast response. I'll try this way.

Fyi: I was successful now with some devices ... but I've had to try it up to 15 times ....

Tomorrow, I'll continue ....

Regards

Markus

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content