Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Product selection ( LMS , Voice manager ??)

Hi,

I need some help in determining the kind of product required for one of our clients. The requirements are as following:-

It is a service provider, and has immense growth potentials.Bascically they have a network consisting of devcies like ASA,6500,7200,AS5350, Quintum gateways, softswitches, Call manager, HP/IBM servers and Juniper products. They need an NMS which can provide the most integrated approach. Their most important priority is to monitor calling card voice calls.They need details like calling number, called number, gateways taken, duration, call status etc (if possible they require this in NMS).Can we get some cisco monitoring tool for call manager which gives above format?

What is the best product that can be suggested? Should it be a combination of LMS 2.5 and ciscoworks voice manager? Or should it be Openview/Tivoli ?PLs help

Thanks & Regards,

Sonu

• Network Management
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Product selection ( LMS , Voice manager ??)

What you have to keep in mind for LMS/CVM is that they are Cisco applications which only support Cisco devices. LMS will not support any non-Cisco devices, so if you are looking to manage this non-Cisco devices you may want to look at OV/Netview for these.

For the Cisco devices LMS/CVM will work.

Re: Product selection ( LMS , Voice manager ??)

I think your question could not be answered in this forum. To give a recommendation for the appropriate NMS solution for a provider network it is necessary to talk to the people who will use it to figure out what they expect...

Just to give you some food for thought:

LMS can manage only CISCO devices - nothing else- and afaik it is the same with all other management solutions from Cisco as well (incl. Voice). So if you have different manufacturer you' ll have to think about the benefits of such a solution or perhaps if the network has a structure that this does not count. Have a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/index.html

in the section 'Enterprise IP Communications Management' for Cisco Solutions

With Tivoli or OpenView you have solutions wich (currently) do not have config mgmt but which are independent from manufacturer - but I am not sure if they have a good voice monitoring solution. Basicaly they have reporting tools in which you can add any mib values you want. (NetView starts supporting 64bit counter with the last release 7.1.5)

So this is a wide area and I assume you will need a solution for basic network management and and add-on for your specific voice monitoring - and this depends on how the different manufacturers are spread across the network...

MArtin

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.