cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QPM 4.0

eng_moh_ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I've a server QPM v.4.0 & I wanted to add the devices of the network (400 switch) to it,but instead of adding them manually,I wanted to import a csv file or an xml file generated by the LMS server v.3.0,how can i do that? is it possible?

4 Replies 4

eng_moh_ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Also when i tried to do that from "Import Virtual Devices from File" & i browsed to the file,it shows the following error message"The file format is incorrect.Please select a file with the correct format."

The file needs to be in standard XML or CSV format that is exported directly from common services. You can get an example of the correct format by going to Common Services ---> Devices and Credentials ---> Device Management ---> Export ---> Select all the devices and then CSV and click export.

You can just import the devices directly from the DCR using the following steps in the document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_qos_policy_manager/4.0/user/guide/KKdev.html#wp1053510

Here is a sample of the CSV format:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.3/user/guide/dcr.html#wp1193611

-nael

In QPM server,when I go to Common Services ---> Devices and Credentials ---> Device Management,the following error message appears:

"Error in communicating with DCA Server.

DCA Server may be down. Please start the DCA Server and then refresh the page. "

& when I go to import from DCR & press next,the following error appears:

"Connection to DCR server failed.Make sure that the DCR server is running,and all the RME settings are correct,and then try again"

1. Upload the "pdshow > pdshow.txt" to this forum.

2. Go to Common Services ---> Software Center ---> Software Update and provide screen-shot of that page.

3. Stop the CiscoWorks daemon manager,  by doing a "net stop crmdmgtd" if Windows, if Solaris, do a "/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop" .

4. Go to CSCOpx/databases/cmf and rename the cmf.log to cmf.log.orig

5. Start the services from "net start crmdmgtd" and "/etc/init.d/dmgtd start" if Solaris.

6.  If the problem persists, Go to CSCOpx/log directory and get the dcrclient.log, DCRServer.log, and  dcr.log .

-nael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: