cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Query 802.1x ports

duncalsi75
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way in CiscoWorks I can query or create a custom report that queries the ports of all our Cisco 3750's to see if each port has 802.1x enabled ?

19 Replies 19

You can go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Administration > Dynamic Updates to see if the Dynamic UT daemon is running. You must also configure MAC address notification traps on all of your switches. This can be done through Campus Manager > User Tracking > Administration > Dynamic Updates > Device Trap Configuration.

To get an email when this syslog message is generated, you can go to RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions, and create a new email automated action.

When I go to Device Trap configuration and select my device a Cisco 2960 I get this message "There are no ports to configure for the selected device(s).

Check whether you have selected any router(s)."

It could be that Data Collection has not been done properly for this device, or there are no access ports on this switch. Check the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portData.xml file for this switch. If it is not there, you need to run another Campus Data Collection. If it is there, make sure there are access ports listed.

Hi, I have attached a bit of the config and the portData.xml file, could you have a quick look and see if I am missing anything ?

This looks okay. I don't know why you're seeing the error, but it doesn't appear that you need to configure MAC address traps on this switch as they're already enabled. If you connect a host to a port on this switch, it should send a trap to the CiscoWorks server. If you've configured DFM to forward traps to localhost port 1431, then Campus will get the trap. Else, you need to configure:

snmp-server host x.x.x.x traps COMMUNITY udp-port 1431 mac-notification

Then the switch will sned traps directly to Campus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: